Terms of Employment: Full Time /Fixed Term Contract
You will be working with one of our Financial Services clients supporting their user managed Oracle database, working on multiple regulatory initiatives alongside the wider data team. You will be supporting the business client group across the London and New York offices.
What you will be doing:
- Creation of new project processes and SQL scripts. Working with business teams to determine outputs and deliver desired results.
- Support the timely and accurate regulatory reporting via various system platforms
- Assist in the analysis for regulatory data requests. Produce reconciliations on large data sets to confirm accuracy and be able to quickly identify discrepancies in the populations.
- Be able to simplify database terminology for stakeholders to understand and make informed suggestions on how to improve current processes.
- Work with relevant teams to ensure data gaps/discrepancies are addressed
- Coordination of responses to regulatory data requests.
- Writing complex scripts with multiple joins in SQL. Ability to easily interpret existing logic and identify improvements to current processes/data flows.
- Confident segmenting large data sets and comfortable articulating and presenting findings to stakeholders.
- Gathering requirements from business leads and provide solutions to their proposals.
- Compose business requirements documents for new requests.
- Manage the weekly refresh of a database, ensuring data accuracy, quality, and consistency.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years SQL developer experience
- Highly proficient in SQL (building complex scripts, stored procedures, etc.)
- Proficiency with Python
- Proficient in use of Excel for data analysis
- Strong data analysis and reconciliation skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work in an extremely AGILE environment
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Experience within an investment banking environment
- Understanding of Markets business areas / products / roles
How to apply
- Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK
- Please note that due to the volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.